Watch the Webinar
Mind Over Genetic Matter: How to Address 6 Common Genetic Variations Affecting Mood & Memory‡
Presented by: Nathan Morris, M.D.+ and Kelly Heim, Ph.D.
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Many single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) have been associated with cognitive function and mental health. However, only a small number are well-researched and nutritionally responsive. In this webinar, you will learn how to test for SNPs that are clinically relevant in mental and neurocognitive contexts. You will also learn how to use this genetic information to tailor nutritional approaches in a simple, cost-effective manner.‡
- Recognize the clinical implications of common SNPs in COMT, brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), dopamine receptor (DRD2) and tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH2)
- Understand important facts about MTHFR that will save time and improve your clinical decisions‡
- Learn how to effectively interpret COMT genotypes to guide personalized nutritional strategies for mood and cognitive support‡
- Learn which SNPs to prioritize in patients requiring support for mood, relaxation and cognitive performance‡
- Learn how to implement nutritional genomics in your practice, from testing to supplement
selection and monitoring, in a simple, rapid and cost-effective manner‡
About the Panelist
Nathan Morris, M.D.+, is a family practice, trained functional medicine practitioner. He specializes in determining connections between seemingly disparate clinical observations, approaching the body as an integrated whole. Dr. Morris applies genetic testing as a tool to objectively guide personalized approaches.
Kelly Heim Ph.D., is a nutritional pharmacologist and Senior Director of Scientific Affairs for the health care practitioner brands of Atrium Innovations, where he oversees the scientific integrity and safety of products by maintaining rigorous standards of research evaluation and its application to product formulation. Dr. Heim has a doctorate in pharmacology from Dartmouth Medical School and a Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Biochemistry from the University of New Hampshire. His academic research, invited reviews and book chapters have traversed critical topics in nutrition and pharmacology. He has lectured extensively to practitioner audiences on nutritional genomics, bioavailability and effective clinical application of dietary supplements.
+ Our Medical Advisors are retained consultants for Pure Encapsulations.